Transforming Meetings™ Programme for Principals & Deputy Principals
Are your meetings a problem?
If you run or chair school management, staff or team meetings and are concerned about any of the following, the School Transforming Meetings™ Programme may be for you:
- It’s hard for staff to feel connected to each other, help everyone feel heard and build energy in a virtual environment
- You are under pressure to get through long agendas providing information rather than collaborating to explore new ideas
- There are so few opportunities for staff to do their best thinking due to time pressures and meeting structures
- There can be limited momentum between meetings for individuals to take on responsibility and complete actions
- The silent majority are rarely heard and it’s a missed opportunity to hear their thinking and gain ideas and support for change.
Transforming Meetings™ is a programme for School Principals, Deputies and those leading meetings to get the very best thinking, action and results at meetings in schools whether they are online or face to face. The programme was developed by Time To Think Ltd., an organisation pioneered and led by Nancy Kline, author of Time to Think, More Time To Think and The Promise the Changes Everything: I Won’t Interrupt You.
What will you experience, learn and achieve?
This programme is run by Rachel Doogue Coaching in conjunction with school trusts and governance bodies for groups of Principals and Deputies. It is also run as an in-school programme for ISM teams. The format is three morning online sessions (2 hrs 15 minutes per session), two half-day online sessions or a one-day in-school programme. Maximum group size per session is 10 participants. This programme is highly facilitated by experienced coaches and certified Time to Think Facilitators.
On the programme, participants experience the Transforming Meetings™ methodology to:
- Create an engaging and interactive virtual and face-to-face meeting environment
- Develop meetings behaviour that is collaborative and helps all voices to be heard
- Prepare transformative meeting agendas to operate in a structured yet highly participative and collaborative way
- Improve engagement before, during and after meetings using a range of Transforming Meetings™ techniques – Thinking Pairs, Rounds, Thinking Council, Dialogue and Open Discussion
- Be more productive and inspired in meetings
- Improve the quality of thinking and listening of those attending
- Encourage equality, difference and respect
- Create a psychologically safe environment for quality decisions to be made
- Engage in respectful, robust discussions and move more easily into and through conflict.
‘Chairing Meetings for Better Outcomes’ Workshop for AP1s, AP2s and Subject Department Heads
This workshop is designed for school staff (excluding principals and deputies) who are responsibe for chairing and running specific meetings with their peers. The workshop is two hours and the question on the agenda for this workshop is “How can I chair my meetings to get a better outcome?“
During the workshop participants will have an opportunity to experience a live meeting chaired in a new way and gain insights in order to:
- Contract as a chair for their role and the process of the meeting
- Improve engagement before, during and after meetings using a range of techniques
- Develop meetings behaviour that helps all voices to be heard
- Prepare transformative meeting agendas to operate in a very structured yet highly collaborative way
- Encourage equality and difference honouring the school ethos and values
- Engage in respectful, robust discussions and move more easily into and through conflict
- Conclude meetings effectively and build a culture of accountability and responsibility
The options to avail of this program include:
- A full day in-school run by one facilitator running 3 consecutive 2-hour workshops over the day, with up to 10 participants in each, accommodating a total of up to 30 participants in one day
- A single 2-hour online workshop for up to 10 participants